Mentor Migration

Reunite With Your Parents

If you are an Australia citizen or Permanent resident and wish to migrate your parents in Australia there are different visa options available for parents living overseas.

Parent Visa

This is a permanent visa that let parents migrate to Australia permanently. However, they must be sponsored by a child who is a settled Australia citizen or Permanent resident. Parents must meet the health and character requirements and have an eligible sponsor. Atleast half of the children should live permanently in Australia to pass the Balance-of-family test requirement. If child sponsor is less than 18 years, child’s spouse, close family relative or guardian of child or child spouse relatives or community organization are able to sponsor. This visa is less expensive but have a very long waiting period.

Contributory Parent Visa

This visa has higher processing priority, more visa places available and have faster processing as compared to Parent category visa. This a two-stage process visa where applicant can initially apply for temporary visa option and once granted can apply for the corresponding permanent visa option during the two-year validity period of temporary visa. Applicant can choose to apply directly for permanent visa or go through two-stage process. Parent must be sponsored by the child or another eligible sponsor in Australia. This is an expensive visa with significant higher second installment of visa application charge for both temporary and permanent visa.

Aged Parent

This visa is for elderly parent who must be at the age eligible for an Age pension in Australia. Applicant must meet the health and character requirements. Visa application can be lodged onshore if there is no restriction on existing onshore visa. Eligible sponsor must provide Assurance of Support.

Read more

Extend Your Stay In Australia

On completion of studies

If you have recently finished your studies and wish to remain in Australia there are range of different options available to student visa holders. You might choose to do one of the following:

Further Studies

You may want to complete further studies in bachelor or master degree program to gain more advanced skill and qualification that will assist you to gain employment in future. This can be done by lodging for a new visa Student Visa before the current visa expires. However please consider to apply for the chosen course by the deadline as prescribed by the relevant universities.

Professional Year Program

If you have graduated in Engineering, Accounting and Computer science you are able to enroll into Professional Year Program. It’s a 12 month’s course and will help you to gain five points to claim for the skilled migrant visa point test.

Skill Development

International students interested to gain local work experience, improve English language skills can apply for Temporary Graduate Visa that allows you to remain in Australia for up to 18 months. Under Post-Study Work stream visa can be granted for up to four years depending on the visa applicant’s qualification.

Apply for Permanent residency

If you wish to live in Australia on permanent basis you may be interested for the Permanent visa. You have to submit the Expression of Interest and upon invite from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection visa application have to be submitted. There are lots of different visa options available under General Skilled Migration. However interested student should get the skill assessed by the relevant authorities and complete the point test to be eligible to apply under this category.

Read more

General Skilled Migration

The General Skilled Migration Program (GSM) is for professionals and other skilled workers engage in particular occupations that are in demand in Australia and they are not sponsored by an employer.

There are two different categories under which interested people can apply:

Permanent Categories

Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)

This is one of the permanent visa option that doesn’t require sponsorship by a relative or state/territory government.

Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)

Skilled people requires nomination by an Australian State or Territory government to be able to apply under this subclass.

Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887)

This is permanent stage of the Skilled Regional Provisional visa.

Temporary Categories

Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)

International student who have recently completed two years or more qualification in Australia can apply for a work visa.

Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)

This is a point-based visa for skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area in Australia.

Skilled—Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476)

This visa category permit certain students who have graduated from eligible overseas universities to gain up to 18 month of skilled work experience in occupations in demand in Australia.

Read more